For individuals who require verification of their certification and wish to order by mail.
If you need an official letter verifying your ANCC certification for legal, educational, work-related, or other purposes, we can help! Verifications are not automatically sent to you, state boards of nursing or employers.
If you are a member of the public and seeking verification of an individual's ANCC certification, please contact the Certification Specialist at 800.284.2378, Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST.
- You must request a verification for each purpose you require.
- Individuals with multiple certifications must order separate verifications for each certification.
- Allow 7 business days for processing
- Mailed certificates arrive via USPS first class delivery. If the letter was sent to a state board of nursing, then it will be emailed; unless the board of nursing requested a different method of delivery. All other addresses will be mailed.
- You will need the certification number and last name of the certified nurse.
- Payable by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover
- For help, contact Customer Care Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 800.284.2378
Order by Mail
- Individuals: Download Individual Verification Request [pdf]
Institutions: Download Institutional Verification Request [pdf]
- Provide the certification number or social security number for of the certified nurse(s)
- Payable by check, money order, debit card, Visa or MasterCard
- Mail to: ANCC Certification, 8515 Georgia Avenue, Suite 400, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- For help, contact Customer Care at 800.284.2378, M-F, 9 am 5 pm EST
|Individual||1st Verification||Subsequent Verifications|
|Institutions||1st Verification||Subsequent Verifications|
Employers and organizations may establish an institutional account and order verifications as needed. Once ordered, verifications may be immediately printed from your desktop. To set up an institutional account for ordering verifications, call 800.284.2378, M-F, 9 am 5 pm EST.
Instant Print Function Instructions
Institutional account holders may print verifications immediately (vs. mail delivery) when the following technical requirements are met:
- Run Internet Explorer version 7.0 or higher.
- Turn off your pop up blockers (before entering the ANCC website).
- Ability to view PDF documents through Adobe Reader (preferably version 8 or higher).
- Print from a PC. Vertifications will not print from a Mac.
- If printing from a networked computer, please check with your IT department to ensure the Firewall TCP Port 8080 is open
Your computer must meet ALL requirements or you will be unable to use the instant print function. If the instant print function malfunctions, please DO NOT CLICK ON THE "PRINT LETTER" BUTTON. Please call 1.800.284.2378 and indicate that you are unable to print your online verification orders.
The spelling of the clinician's first and last name must match ANCC records. If clinician's last name contains an apostrophe, please enter a double apostrophe if you are having difficulty locating the record.
Companies/State Boards of Nursing
Ordering an official verification of certification provides primary source validation of certification. ANCC recommends against accepting wall certificate or wallet card photocopies as proof of certification, as these documents can be altered after leaving ANCC.
Please note that certain ANCC certifications require the individual to provide official direct source validation of nursing education at the time of initial application. This is true of all ANCC certifications that require transcripts for eligibility: all nurse practitioner and clinical nurse specialist certifications, as well as informatics, nursing professional development, nurse executive, and nurse executive advanced certifications.
Call 800.284.2378, M-F, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. EST.
Ask for a Certification Specialist.
For employers or credentialing organizations that require verification of a provider's certification status and wish to order by mail.
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel